Participate in a survey!
In order to enrich the programming and visitor experiences of the Floy Preslar Gallery, we are working to make our events more interesting and our gallery a place worth your visit.
To this end we are conducting a brief (5–7 minutes to complete) survey. Your participation directly helps future programming and directions of the gallery.
The survey is open to residents of the Portland-Hillsboro-Vancouver (Oregon/Washington) metropolitan area including Clark, Clackamas, Columbia, Multnomah, Washington, and Yamhill counties, as well as to residents of Clatsop and Cowlitz counties.
February show: Art of Love, Love of Art
Next open hours: Friday, Feb. 16, 2018 - 1-5 p.m.
A show that celebrates love in all its incarnations. In this show, we will be featuring six artists from the Greater Portland (Oregon) area, including two from our very own Columbia County. You will love the diversity of mediums and art forms, from mixed media to photo collages to “coffee art” (yes, an artist who paints with coffee as if it’s a type of ink or watercolor paint).
About the Floy Preslar Gallery
Our little gallery takes up residence inside the Alice Tarbell Hall at Estancia Serenova. The gallery is dedicated to the legacy of the late Floy Preslar, an acclaimed watercolor painter in the splendid Sierra Nevada Foothills of Northern California.
The gallery complements the visions of Estancia Serenova and is organized and managed by a professional curator who has over a decade of experience as an exhibited fine artist who has shown in many juried shows and spent one year as a curatorial assistant for an art gallery.
The missions of Floy Preslar Gallery are:
- to contribute to a development of vibrant local art scenes and artist community in southern Columbia County, Oregon, and the greater Lower Columbia/Northwestern Oregon region.
- to act as a hub of creative fine arts in Columbia County, in partnership with Estancia Serenova, by producing and offering a variety of arts events.
- to create economic opportunities and exposures for local emerging artists by exhibiting and highlighting their works, promoting their art for sale, and in partnership with Limeadestand Works/Creative Liberation Lab provide educational and professional development programming to promote a fusion of creative activities and entrepreneurship.
- to preserve the legacy of Floy Preslar as the custodian of her paintings, which comprise the gallery's permanent collection.
While the gallery is in its infancy at the moment, we intend to have following events on a regular basis, in addition to any special or one-time events:
- First Saturday art gallery reception and artist talk (may be rescheduled or pre-empted by other events at Estancia Serenova).
- An annual fine art fair in spring.
- An annual artisan craft show and sale in autumn (with a portion of sales to benefit local non-profit organizations).
- Annual juried student show featuring the art of local school districts (Saint Helens School District and Scappoose School District) as well as Portland Community College students residing in the said school districts.
Gallery location and hours:
Where: Alice Tarbell Hall 410 (first floor), Estancia Serenova, 32180 Pittsburg Road, Saint Helens, Oregon 97051-9147
Hours: First Saturday of each month, noon-4 p.m. (July-September: 5-9 p.m.); rest of the month by appointment only. Subscribe to the newsletter for additional open hours. Please note: First Saturdays may be preempted or rescheduled due to other scheduled events at Estancia Serenova. Please consult the Preslar Gallery Twitter for updates.
(If you cannot see a newsletter subscription form above this line, use this link instead.)
Location: 32180 Pittsburg Road, Saint Helens, Oregon 97051-9147
Phone: +1 503-825-2891
Email: address here